Saturday, October 11, 2008

An update

Everything is still going well. Last Wednesday the stitches came out and the mold was made for the temporary prosthetic. It takes about a week to build, and our appointment is on Thursday. He will walk on it for the first time that afternoon. We continue to see the prosthetic team weekly for awhile (months) to have the limb adjusted and tweaked. Greg also starts the out patient physical therapy soon. We are done with the hospital bed and the poop chair (thank goodness) and we are also done with home health nurses and home health physical therapist's. It seems like the progress is slow and tedious, but when we think back three weeks ago, or even just one week, it's amazing the progress that he has made. I thought that this would be a very long road for Greg, but I think that maybe, just maybe, it's might not be as long as I had thought.

3 comments:

Eric said...

Hey, girlfriend.

Can I call you my girlfriend? I feel safe doing that now since Greg only has one leg and it would be hard for him to kick my butt.

He'd probably find a way.

After all is said and done, nice work.

Love,

Handsome Kenley

Jenalee said...

You crack me up. Greg says you can call me girlfriend all you want as long as you still have a boyfriend. :)

MY FOUR SONS said...

We had no idea this was going on! Holy cow! Definitely stay in touch with us and we'll get together when you are all feeling up to it! Liesha