So here is Greg's new, permanent prosthetic. It only weighs 15 lbs! And only cost $15,000!

Here's Halle trying to decide what color to paint those toenails. That foot? It's a size 13. Much more manageable than a 16.
This is looking down the top of the prosthetic. The pin "clicks" into that hole at the bottom and holds the leg on.
This is the suction sleeve that fits over Greg's stump. The pin is attached to the sleeve, not the stump.
Notice the round gold button on the side in the top two pictures. This is the button that releases the pin from the leg. Then Greg simply has to roll off the suction sleeve.
Can I just say here how much I love and admire my husband? He is by no means perfect, and he makes mistakes and has struggles. BUT, he has a great attitude. He never complains about what has happened to him. No "why me?" It just is what it is, and he moves forward. Having such a noticeable disability has been difficult. It's taken time to get used to the stares, comments, and questions. He has a great sense of humor and is patient with all of those questions. I actually think think his prosthetic is rather sexy, and I am more proud than ever to hold his hand while everyone stares. I love that he doesn't get lost in the label of amputee or disabled. While it's true that those labels describe a part of who he is, there is so much more. He's still Greg. He's still 6'10". He's not the man I met 11 years ago. He's so much more. I love you Babe.




2 comments:
I love you too babe
That was a very sweet post. We love you guys. And I love how Greg can tell random strangers he lost his leg because a shark ate it. Hahahaha, he's always had a good sense of humor about it.
Post a Comment