Saturday, March 5, 2011

Jack

Jack is his dad's biggest fan.  He always looks out for Greg.  He thinks of him and love to spend time and play with him.

So I guess I shouldn't be so surprised that this has hit Jack so hard.  While Halle has expressed some concerns about being embarrassed that her dad is different, Jack is the opposite.  He wants to ride on the electric scooter with Greg.  In the store.  Every time.  He wants his dad to go to school with him.  He doesn't care if he doesn't have legs.  This may change at some point, I think it's a natural phase to be embarrassed by your parents.  But for now, he is all about his dad.

And suddenly, his dad is not home anymore.  It's all different.  And I am stressed out a bit and snippy.  I also got the stomach flu which was oh so pleasant in the middle of all this.  It's been a hard day or two.  Jack is either kicking and hitting, or bawling.  My kids aren't criers.  We don't have tears very often around here.  But these last few day with Jack....Heaven help me.

He wanted to spend the night at the hospital tonight.  When I said no, he cried.  Go figure. 


Jack helping Daddy decide what to order for tomorrows meals.
It's a tough decision.

1 comment:

Holly said...

So what did you decide to eat Greg? I bet tapioca made the list.

Jen thinks she's going to be taller than you now. I think she might be a little crazy ;)

Hahahaha!