I have some good news and some bad news. I never know which to start with!
Bad news.
Greg is not so hot. I think he is really sleepy because of the antibiotics. He's also not eating very much. (Only the pudding....I kid you not, he is a 7' tall man who loves his puddin') He seems to be nauseated a lot and I am not sure if that is infection or antibiotics. Who knows. His surgery is scheduled for Thursday. The doctor has decided to cut both of his feet. The big ulcer and the infection is on "stubby" but the other foot (the self amputating one) has an ulcer as well. They did some x-rays today and saw a prominent bone in that foot which is creating the pressure point for the ulcer. So he will have a two-in-one. They will flat out remove both bones, so hopefully he will not be on crutches. Yay!!
Also, tonight I took the kids out for a treat. We went to dinner in a real restaurant. (Not really, it was IHOP and I took them because kids eat free on Tuesdays.) Anyway, our car wouldn't start afterwards. I think it's battery is dead. So there I am, stuck at IHOP with two little kids, no cell phone, and no husband to help me. We walked to Wal-Mart which was not far away and found a pay phone to call a rescuer. (Thanks Kim!) Thankfully, my dad is driving down in the morning to fix it for me. Hopefully it's the battery and it will be a quick fix. Jack cried and cried because we didn't get to see Daddy today, and Halle got a blister on her foot from the hike to the pay phone.
Good News:
Ryan from employee benefits pushed our insurance through in one day and called me to let me know the ID #. Yay! Thanks Ryan! I was really scared something wrong was going to happen with it and we wouldn't get it. With all the hospital expenses and the picc line expenses we really needed it to come through. And now that it has cleared, it will back pay anything from June 1st. It's a good thing.
Greg has a phone interview (Yes in the hospital) for Friday afternoon. It was originally scheduled for Monday of this week, but I emailed the lady on Sunday night to let her know that Greg wasn't going to be able to do it as he was in the hospital. I didn't expect anything in return. Then she emailed me back and said that they were really impressed with his resume, when would he be available? I was shocked. They still want him, I guess. There are two positions open. One in Orem and one in Ogden. Both in our pay range of $50-$65,000/ year. I would love to stay here and have Greg work in Orem and I would also love to move to Ogden and be by my family. Either way is good with me! I really hope he gets one of them. They have extended the interview time to accommodate him. That has to mean something, right?? I am a bit torn inside whether or not it's a good time for him to go back to work. I talked with the doctor and he cleared it. It's scary to give up Greg's long term disability, but I think going back to work will be great for him in so many other ways. It will be a big readjustment for Jack. He really loves hanging out with his dad all day.
Anyway, that's the update as of today. I am off to work tomorrow (thanks Holly and Cam for watching the kids, I don't know what I would do without you.) and I will update after the surgery!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We love your kids and love to watch them, my kids think they are cousins:)
Jack wouldn't talk to me or stop crying until we got to the first treat at Costco, then I showed him the ginormous cake we are going to pig out on tonight and he's all smiles:)
Thanks for keeping us updated. I have been wanting to call but I know how much you love to repeat your story. So, thanks for keeping us informed. You are always in our prayers. Are they cutting the whole foot off or just part of it?
I hope the surgery went okay today! That's exciting about the job interview tomorrow! Good luck!
Post a Comment